[SWLUG] Something that *might* help the community

Mark Jones mark at welshdragon.headweb.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 15:40:04 UTC 2009

I have been thinking hard about how best to help the LUG Community in
Wales (Read: Wales), and yes, I can agree that email is a very good
way of communicating, but I am sure some members would appreciate
somewhere they can visit, and to help express ideas and opinions that
otherwise could not be said in an email.

I am currently trialling a forum for the North Wales LUG (who also use
LinkedIN), but as we are quite a small LUG I am opening it up to every
LUG in Wales. The forum is at http://freeside.co.uk/~welshdragon/phpBB3/index.php
  (apologies about the bad url), Freeside itself is part of Hull
University, and thrives on their use of Open Source Servers, the
server the MySQL database is on is running Debian.

If you feel that this would be of use, please register on the forums
and private message me, I will create a dedicated area for your LUG
(If I haven't done so already), and also you will be able to see what
other Groups are discussing, and contribute if desired.

Diolch yn Fawr

Mark Jones
Student, School of Welsh at the University of Wales Bangor []
Stiwdant, Ysgol Y Gymraeg yn Brifysgol Cymru Bangor.