[SWLUG] Something that *might* help the community

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Sep 1 15:54:59 UTC 2009

On Tue Sep  1 16:40:04 2009, Mark Jones wrote:
> I am currently trialling a forum for the North Wales LUG (who also
> use
> LinkedIN), but as we are quite a small LUG I am opening it up to
> every
> LUG in Wales. The forum is at
> http://freeside.co.uk/~welshdragon/phpBB3/index.php
>   (apologies about the bad url), Freeside itself is part of Hull
> University, and thrives on their use of Open Source Servers, the
> server the MySQL database is on is running Debian.

The Jabber/XMPP community uses a bridge from forums to mailing lists
- it actually serves mostly as a reader for the lists, very few
people actually post to the lists from the forums, although I imagine
quite a few people join the mailing lists as a result.

I can certainly get hold of the people that run that for technical
information, if people care.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/