[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Jun 25 19:13:03 UTC 2010

Ar ddydd Gwe, Meh 25 2010, 14:44:28 +0100, ysgrifennodd Mark Summerfield:
> > Your local Trading Standards Officer might also be able/willing to help.
>
> Yes, I'm going to try them.
>
> Steve: I had planned to just return it just as you suggested. But my
> wife pointed out that they could simply refuse to accept the package so
> it could be both expensive (cost of sending + tracking + insurance to
> make sure I'm covered for loss) & probably pointless...
>
> I will let you know how I get on, but looks like it is going to take a
> bit of time:-(

If it's going to take time and be a hassle, and Dell are being pains,
I suppose the next stage of escalation is the Small Claims Court. Either
they pay up (and costs), or they pay for someone to come down from -
wherever, London? - and argue the toss in court. They will have to
pay attention in either case.

Incidentally, the magic word when trying to get recompense from the
credit card company is apparently "ombudsman"..

Telsa