[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again... update

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Tue Jun 29 11:12:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

Today Dell told me that I'm a business customer and so not entitled to a
refund!

I checked my Dell account and it has my address without my company name.
Also I bought the machine using my personal credit card. (In any case my
company doesn't have a credit card, just a dusty cheque book.)

So I've asked them why I'm classified as a business customer since I
assume this is really important regarding "consumer" rights?

But I'm also waiting to hear back from their "Escalation" team, so I
remain hopeful.

I've updated the Dell page on my web site (link at bottom) in case you
want to treat yourself to reading the "experimental" grammar Dell's
"Customer Care" person uses in their reply---and now the page is in
reverse order so newest things are at the top.

I'll keep you posted:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy

                I ordered a Dell netbook with Ubuntu...
       I got no OS, no apology, no solution, & no refund (so far)
               http://www.qtrac.eu/dont-buy-dell.html