[SWLUG] SVN Setup

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Wed Sep 15 11:34:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 12:13 +0100, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> What are the problems with using the file:/// approach? tbh I mostly
> only ever work on it ssh'd into the server itself. If I want to work on
> it on a local machine I use the svn+ssh protocol without problems.

The same as the age old problem CVS had, that of getting the groups and
permissions exactly right so that when a second user accesses it they
dont accidentally screw up the permissions.

if you use the dav model then all accesses are done through a single
user (the webserver) and access control is handled by the normal apache
methods, such that users dont need shell accounts on the server to use
it.