[SWLUG] Archos 101, 16GB .. opinions?

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Tue Aug 2 07:42:17 UTC 2011

>> I take it you don't have one or know of another similarly priced &
>> specced tablet?

Ok, here's the quick overview from the PC Pro article:

Best Value - Samsung Galaxy Tab (Droid 2.2 and has the Market)

I've actually used a Galaxy Tab and it's ok to be honest.  As with all
tablets, it's not great for doing any typing on, however for browsing the
web (checking the weather is what I've mainly used it for), watching videos
etc it's ok.  Annoyingly doesn't have a normal USB port, but does have a
MicroSD slot.  The Advent Vega is cheap but apparently has a crap screen.
Most of the other cheap tablets get pretty poor reviews.

If you can stretch to £400 the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks good.  This
was the reghardware review I was thinking of:

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/02/01/review_tablet_android_archos_101/

To be honest after looking at the spec of the archos, it looks pretty
good.  I'm tempted I have to say.

Cheers,

Matt