[SWLUG] Mobile broadband - can I make one machine feed the others?

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Tue Aug 16 14:46:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:36:24 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:

> Plan is
TopUp and Go. Its pre-paid at £15 per 1GB. I will have to top up when it
runs out. Advantage of this particular plan is that you can take a long
as you like to use up the data allowance, provided you make use of it at
least once every 180 days. I don't think you can get this plan now but I
managed to find old stock in a Tesco store. It is probably the phone
number that actually identifies the precise terms of the plan.

Tony

That sounds good. I just bought a Three dongle (newer HSDPA one).
Have yet to try it with Ubuntu, but I hate the fact that as soon as I
activate it, the pre-paid 3Gb will run out after a period of time. Not
really PAYG.

Don't see why they are doing it like this (well it makes
more money I guess) if I buy something in a shop, I don't expect it to
suddenly 'go away' if I don't use it in a certain time. Its mine now, I
paid for it, I should be able to use it when I am good and ready.

--

Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
http://www.jcrdevelopments.com