[Swlug] Broken link on the website

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Nov 14 12:35:15 UTC 2013

On 14 Nov 2013 06:40, "Keith Edmunds" <kae at midnighthax.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:30:00 +0000, dave at cridland.net said:
>
> > Yes, everything needs encrypting.
> >
> > It pisses off the NSA.^C0^KIt's advisable in the face of the passive
> > pervasive interception attack the IETF discussed at some length
recently.

> Grow up.

In what respect do you think I'm being less than mature? There is a very
genuine problem with the sheer volumes of traffic being intercepted and
stored. Putting encryption in place isn't being juvenile, it is a sensible
and measured response.

And as others have commented, HTTP/2.0 will all be encrypted, as WebRTC is
now.

Our mailing list is now run externally, but I'd hope that provider would be
looking into opportunistic encryption for ESMTP.