[SWLUG] swlug site

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Oct 23 21:25:03 UTC 2013

>>> In the meantime, why not just put up
>>> the one page? It doesn't rule out changing it when something else
>>> becomes available, and IMHO is an improvement on the current site,
>>> which isn't really inviting to new members - which, if my thinking is
>>> correct, is one of the major requirements for our website.

To my mind, a single static page is essentially going to tell newcomers
"SWLUG exists, but we're all too clueless to even run a simple website
so don't waste your time with them"...

Oh, and nothing screams "clueful techies" like using Facebook for your
content hosting!

Even though its got some terribly out of date stuff on it and it needs a
serious clear out, the current SWLUG site looks a hell of a lot more
inviting than a single static page.

(And no, I'm not volunteering to do a load of work on this - I don't
have time, all I'm saying is that I think the proposed solution is a
massive step backwards from what we already have, so I don't see any
merit in it.)

--

 - Steve