[Swlug] Cardiff SWLUG meetings

Mark Einon mark.einon at linux.com
Tue May 27 12:18:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 07:23:27PM +0100, Mark Einon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The numbers turning up to the monthly meetings in Cardiff are still quite poor
> (usually 3 or less), it would be great if more could come along.
>
> Assuming that there are others who would come along to meet other SWLUGers
> (given the size of this mailing list), but can't / don't make it to the City
> Arms monthly on a Tuesday, what would make you turn up more often?
>
> Is it the venue, the day/time? The lack of structured events? Please let us
> know!
>
> Personally, I think using a different venue that perhaps isn't a pub where we
> can get a dedicated room would be good - or meeting for a meal instead is
> another suggestion.
>
> Any other views out there?

Thanks for all the replies - there does seem to be some interest :)

It seems that trying out a meeting on a weekend day would be a good start - and
having it in a dedicated room somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas about where
to go, or is prepared to do some legwork to find a venue?

How about aiming for the July meetup to be a weekend one?

Also, having a meeting in Abergavenny was a bit unexpected - let us know if
one is happening on the mailing list / G+ !

The LBW (http://lbw2014.þþ.be/) would be a great event to do something at. I'm
aiming to go (at least for a weekend day), and would be happy to do something -
even if it's just a repeat of my recent talk - although I'm sure someone has a
better suggestion.

Cheers,

Mark