[Swlug] Cardiff SWLUG meetings

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:16:46 UTC 2014

On 21 May 2014 19:23, Mark Einon <mark.einon at linux.com> wrote:

> Is it the venue, the day/time? The lack of structured events? Please let us
> know!

I can only make weekends, otherwise I would.

> Personally, I think using a different venue that perhaps isn't a pub where we
> can get a dedicated room would be good - or meeting for a meal instead is
> another suggestion.

I came away with that feeling after the swlug talks last month - great
little venue and talks.  Seemed like such a positive thing.

I know I wrote this before, but it was certainly one of the better
swlug things in the past 15 years.  Perhaps all of the planets were
aligned or something! :-)  It's a shame you/we can't tap into
something coming out of that.  That was why I asked about the Founders
Hub and the cost, if any, involved.  I was sort of thinking a lug meet
/ hackerspace type thing - hands on as opposed to glugging beer (not
that there's anything wrong with that) !

I don't know - since I can't make weekdays I'm not sure my view should
matter :-)