[Swlug] Cardiff Meeting Place

mark.einon at linux.com mark.einon at linux.com
Wed Jun 3 08:00:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 07:33:14PM +0100, Matt Moore wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There have been suggestions about moving the Cardiff meet to somewhere with
> food.  Despite the City Arms being an excellent real ale pub and a nice low
> key venue to meet at (as well as being near the train station) it sadly
> doesn't do food.  I really want to avoid going back to a spoons personally
> and don't really fancy the walk back to Central Bar. Personally I'm happy
> with the City Arms and can't really see the need to move, but if others are
> keen then I'm ok.
>
> So here's a few suggestions (which have been discussed on IRC):
>
> Cozy Club - food and ok beer
> Zero Degrees - food and good beer
> Urban Taphouse - food and good beer
> Corner House - food and ok beer
>
> Also I do think that there's some milage in going for a more inclusive and
> totally non-pub venue.  So as another idea:
>
> Starbucks (several of them are open till 8pm) followed by one of the many
> resturants in Cardiff for a meal.  But that does mean while there is no
> booze, you'll have to be able to buy food.
>
> Any other suggestions/thoughts?

Food, coffee, not a pub but open late sounds like Burger King but I
think the ambience might be not quite what we're looking for...

My preference would be to try all of them and decide which one is liked
best - I don't have an issue with a spoons or pubs in general.

Taking the top one off your list, shall we try the Cozy Club next week?

Cheers,

Mark