[Swlug] Docker, containers, oh my!

phantomjinx p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 17:36:58 UTC 2017

On 19 April 2017 16:19:17 BST, Matt Willsher via Swlug <swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Whats your view on Docker (and container in general)?
>
>Do you use it and if so to what degree? Has it made your liked easier?
>
>If you don't use containers now are you looking to learn more about
>them?
>

>Matt

Hi Matt,

Using it quite a lot recently. Created various containers and added them to docker's hub. Mostly involve adding wildfly app server and mysql db to demo our webapps.

Certainly has great advantages of bringing up VMs and installing operating systems.

Currently playing with Openshift which is Redhats product that combines docker with kubernetes managing multiple containers around a single project.

HTH

PGR