[Swlug] OU Linux Essentials short course

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:04:27 UTC 2018

On 31 January 2018 at 22:36, Matt Willsher via Swlug
<swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Though it’s getting a little old now
>
> UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook, 4th Edition  is a very good
> way to dive into the UN*X way.

There's a 5th edition that came out in August last year.  I agree
completely, it's very good.  I also like the Linux in a Nutshell
books, but they're a bit like dictionaries, which you can dive in and
out of.

On a random note - I picked up a second-hand copy of The UNIX
Programming Environment by Brian W. Kernighan and Rob Pike for a few
quid the other week from the US.  Fascinating, but it's from about
83/84! :)