[Swlug] help with text manipulation

Mark Einon mark.einon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 21:12:24 UTC 2018

On 20 June 2018 at 21:53, bascule via Swlug <swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 20 June 2018 09:14:58 BST Mark Einon wrote:
>> Looks like the list doesn't like my attachments. Try this gist:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/einon/b954a386ac62473a6e46f38d3b555558
>>
>> Mark
> thanks for obviously spending some time on this,  to be honest i was just
> hoping for some pointers to tools not mentioned to me before, not this much
> work:)  bit confused though, as your code has the values of the all the keys
> in the example json object i pasted in my post, which will only match one
> object, itself,
> what am i missing
> and do i need a google account to do that colab thing?

I've updated the gist with a comment about only having one line - just
replace the file to load with your own dataset.

https://gist.github.com/einon/6b3899e4a9ee0f4ee153a04a761f0bc6

No idea about having a google account - probably. You can always just
use it online, I believe, here: http://jupyter.org/try

...or install jupyter locally, if you don't want to work online.
http://jupyter.org/install

It's not that much effort - two lines of code, which I use on a daily
basis. It took less than 3 mins to post.

Mark