[Swlug] Boot directory

Sam Braithwaite sam at braithwaite.cymru
Fri Sep 20 10:15:13 UTC 2019

Hi Bill & Marcus. I also run apt-get autoremove after a kernel upgrade,
although I think if you want to be completely safe you should try
rebooting into the new kernel first, as after you've run autoremove, I
don't think you'll have the option to boot into your old kernel again,
so if you had problems with the new kernel you'd be stuck. (I think this
is in reality quite rare, but I seem to remember I have had problems
with this in the past relating to proprietary graphics drivers - anyone
else know any more about this?)

Sam