[Swlug] Help Request - Geoplotting with Leaflet Markerclusters

Huw Pearce huw at ffenestri.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 14:28:06 UTC 2021

Hello SWLUG Members,

I am looking for a bit of help please. I am not very good at coding but
have managed to get something working with plotting locations on a map.

My first attempt can be seen at
https://ospreysailing.org.uk/maps/map-boats.html which looks very fussy
& messy.

My second attempt which uses different coding, but same base map tiles,
can be seen at https://ospreysailing.org.uk/maps2/map-boats.html.

However, there are data points not being shown in the second version
even though the data is in the data file. There are 4 data points I am
aware of that are missing:

  * one in El Salvador, Central America
  * one in Mauritius
  * One in Japan
  * one in Gilbert & Ellis Islands in Pacific

If I duplicate the above 4 missing data points in the data file, they do
get added to the 'plot' as a cluster of 2 at a coincident point and when
you click the two instances fly out to show you both. I have not done
this in the second example above but did test on my local LAN server.

Other single points appear with no problem:

  * Australia
  * New Zealand
  * Cyprus
  * Zambia

Any suggestions or pointers to help me fix this problem will be very
welcome.

Kind regards,

Huw