[Swlug] android disaster

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 09:50:18 UTC 2021

as the subject says, my oneplus 5 just went on a sudden holiday,
i've managed to pull off the partition that is mounted on /data and it mounts
fine but all files/directories below lv1 look like this:
[root at mycroft testdir]# ls -l lineageos_updates/
total 1579560
-rw-r--r-- 1 bascule bascule 808882731 Nov  2 12:11
puWBWtjoQNca8iJREllESqZ7AWH2hIUDLqDT8WrpHyksedaKJiS9Eeh6i8MBvzbrOz3Q5i8VIr1sIN1OGRq1OQ
-rw-r--r-- 1 bascule bascule 808564837 Nov 30 06:29
xtuIGTogNqQa8iJREllESqZ7AWH2hIUD6jrBGI7lnPlXAquded2dh9Df9aSiwlVWaPmgebUNMs9164mpQMOsSw

now I've ben trying to grep all the files for recognisable strings to see if I
can get my diary and contacts back but I keep getting permissions denied,
running file gives me this on lots of files:
./media/0/PljL5hk7LSSevxasCtzRBXishcMuD__s/CAyq_CSrXoJ2qtRuqv2tgQaIW9Emlo9-Uf-
pSrPENYFvzjOEwqNa86Noe0SOg1iXIyqXdg: writable, regular file, no read
permission

but:
[root at mycroft testdir]# ls -l ./media/0/PljL5hk7LSSevxasCtzRBXishcMuD__s/
CAyq_CSrXoJ2qtRuqv2tgQaIW9Emlo9-Uf-pSrPENYFvzjOEwqNa86Noe0SOg1iXIyqXdg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bascule bascule 9802054 Apr 17  2021 ./media/0/
PljL5hk7LSSevxasCtzRBXishcMuD__s/CAyq_CSrXoJ2qtRuqv2tgQaIW9Emlo9-Uf-
pSrPENYFvzjOEwqNa86Noe0SOg1iXIyqXdg
[root at mycroft testdir]#

I'm thinking that this may be to do with extended attributes but I'm lost how
to examine files that I've changed ownership to me, given everyone read
permissions, added all directories executable bit.
Any suggestions, its a long shot that I can get anything coherent from this
mess but according to du -sh there is still my 27G of stuff on the partition:)

bascule