[Swlug] How to change Debian 12 desktop (Gosse)

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 20:11:59 UTC 2024

I got there in the end...

I had to install cinnamon so it’d give me the option of changing desktop.

That meant I had to fight to get sudo to work. My dad’s account isn’t in the sudo list. I had to add it then when I rebooted it was gone from it again. Odd.

Anyway one I’d got cinnamon on I had a cogwheel that was absent earlier. I changed to cinnamon.

Then I had a long fight to get the printer installed. Much cursing. Then I found the printer was turned off. When I turned it on, it added itself!

Been that kind of day.

Sent from my iPad