[Thanet] (no subject)

Ed Gray edgray at vxcomputers.com
Wed Mar 16 22:49:27 GMT 2005

Hi Patrick,
Well there should have been an index.php included in the zip file,
although the only use of PHP was to include header and footer.. I did
begin developing something to work out the date of the next meeting but
haven't worked on it for a while, that was in PHP. The only other thing
involving programming was the Javascript menu thingy, but I got rid of
that because I couldn't get it to do what I wanted.

I will work on it and resend, I will have a go at some kind of system
for posting messages to the site and using MySQL for pages instead of files.
Hope to see you at future LUG meetings, can you think of any ideas for a
new venue? Patrick has put the latest on the mailing list:
http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/thanet/2005-March/000039.html

Piggy bank sounds like a good idea.

There was a mention in Linux Format that they had books they would be
willing to give to LUGs, not sure if there was a price or if they were free.

Regards
Ed

> All
>
> I did receive the web site, unfortunately it is missing a few critical
> components (no index.html page for a start)
> Send it again as I seem to have lost track of that particular mail.
> Furthermoe if you wanna develop a web site
> Put some programming into it ;-) PHP, Mysql, Perl, Javascript DHTML
... Use
> it as a demo platform for interesting concepts ...
>
> Things are calming a bit down at this end and I might be able to
attend LUGs
> meetings again in the near future
> Looking forward to that
>
> Ian please keep me posted on the latest, I remember having seen something
> about a change of location ...
>
> Furthermore, we need to make it a bit more of a social event so  from next
> meeting on I would like to create a "piggy bank" in which everyone can
> contribute and whose content
> will be used to buy munchies, Coca-Cola, beer ... and whatever you can
think
> of ... In the future the purpose is to create a good library of reference
> books as well so that everyone will be welcome to borrow a given book
for a
> month ... I suggest we start with carefully chosen O'Reilly books ....
>
> This will also used to buy some paper as some of us can print lengthy
HOWTO
> such as TrinityOS ...
>
> In the meantime I am still available should you drown in a particular
Linux