[Thanet] Hi All

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Apr 5 06:32:22 BST 2007

Quoting Tom Woodington <thanet at isaiah.org.uk>:

> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 16:51 +0100, Dan Attwood wrote:
>> We're always looking for new venues for klug meets, if you/. or anyone
>> else were able to organise one in the whitestable region that would be
>> great.
>> You might also want to think about organizing a pub meet like the ones
>> that happen in Maidstone and Canterbury - there are many other things
>> that can all be done under the Klug umbrella
>>
>> Hopefully when I get the funky google map thing on the new site
>> working you'll be able to see that there are a few other klug members
>> near you.
>
> Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking for potential way to get involved
> but as I've not yet been to any lug meets before and am relatively new
> to the scene I'd rather wait a while to find my place and know where I
> stand longer term rather than volunteer for something and then pull out
> as I was never that interested after all :S

That's fair enough and probably very sensible! :)

I'm hoping that the next meeting of the Thanet Group will be the
weekend of the 12/13th May (I'm unable to set anything up before then
owing to family commitments and moving house!) so it would be good to
see you there.

One of the things we talked about at the last meeting is the kind of
knowledge level we wanted to pitch the meetings at, so I'd be
interested in your thoughts on that one.

The other was hacking a wireless network across Viking Bay.
Hopefully, I'll have something to play with on this one, even if it's
only a portable AP that we can all connect to, but we will have to see.

Cheers,

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace