[Thanet] Hi All

Tom Woodington thanet at isaiah.org.uk
Sat Apr 7 11:51:00 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 06:32 +0100, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> I'm hoping that the next meeting of the Thanet Group will be the
> weekend of the 12/13th May (I'm unable to set anything up before then
> owing to family commitments and moving house!) so it would be good to
> see you there.
>
> One of the things we talked about at the last meeting is the kind of
> knowledge level we wanted to pitch the meetings at, so I'd be
> interested in your thoughts on that one.
>
> The other was hacking a wireless network across Viking Bay.
> Hopefully, I'll have something to play with on this one, even if it's
> only a portable AP that we can all connect to, but we will have to see.

Will have too see about the meet, we have my son's birthday as well as
my own that week. Will try and make an appearance though.

As for knowledge level the only simple answer is pitch it for those that
come! Most people choosing to come will probaly have some basic
knowledge at least but thats probaly something to review as the
membership grows.

Wireless access is not too much of an issue for me. Although I have a
shuttle PC and screen that is nice and portable I can also get a 80x25
ssh session to my server from my O2 Xda Exec to play with :)
I need to experiment with linking that to my PC via bluetooth as a gprs
modem however :)