[Thanet] Introduction

Mike mike at csits.net
Mon Apr 30 16:30:32 BST 2007

Folks,

I've recently joined ThanetLUG and thought I'd write an introduction.

I'm actually from South East London but spend quite a bit of time in Canterbury, so I try to attend ThanetLUG as much as possible.

I went to the initial ThanetLUG meet and was impressed by the enthusiasm and technical ability of the group.  I think this LUG really has potential.  I can often be found on IRC as BOfH, Bastrad or mike_jh.  I am part of a techy group called Bob's Basement.  www.bobsbasement.co.uk.  I am currently working as a sys admin and running a couple of IT services companies.  My background is in sys admining, hardware, electronics and solutions development.  I'm a bit of a jack of all trades and am always interested in expereimenting with technologies.  Something which there seems to be a very strong theme of in ThanetLUG.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to geeking with you!

Mike.