[Thanet] Further Ideas

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Jan 20 18:29:32 GMT 2007

Hi all, Me again... :)

I've been thinking over the last few days and I've come to a decision.

At the moment, we don't really even have a LUG to meet up, never mind
merge with Kent, so my idea is this:

1) Advertise the LUG in Thanet
2) Hold a meeting and see who turns up
3) If the meeting is sucessful, grow the LUG until we have a significant
number of members
4) Hold a vote about whether we want to continue as a seperate LUG or
whether we want to merge with Kent LUG.

I've downloaded a few live CDs such as Ubuntu, Knoppix (CD/DVD) and The
Open CD (http://www.opencd.org/) and I've emailed a few places locally
to see if they'd be happy for us to put up posters/flyers/free CDs on
their premises to advertise the LUG.

If all goes according to plan, I'd hope to hold the first LUG meeting
mid-february (venue to be arranged, but probably in a pub/cafe in
Broadstairs).

Does this sound like a plan, or am I just dreaming here?

All replies back to the main list please,

Cheers,

Matt