[TynesideLUG] Ubunto Touch onto Aquaris M10 HD(Android) plea for help

Alex Kraukle kraukle at operamail.com
Sun Nov 10 16:02:27 UTC 2019

Hi
My name’s Alex and I need help!
I live in Vitoria-Gasteiz in the Basque Country.
The summer before last I bought a new BQ Aquaris M 10 HD (Android) tablet, as it was the only tablet that Ubuntu and Ubuntu Touch could be installed on. It seems many others have done so
I tried to install from my mac, to no avail.
So I installed Parallels and later Virtual Box on my mac with different versions of Ubuntu - and really, I have no idea what I’m doing! - to get Ubuntu Touch onto the tablet. I can’t even flash it.
The local council’s public computer centres use linux, but they won’t allow you to attach anything or do anything.
I have searched the ubuntu forums, asked for advice and paid someone who works with linux.
However, literally hundreds of exasperating hours later I still have a google tablet which I don’t trust an inch.
On 30 December I will be going over to visit my auntie in Whitley Bay for a few days. If there is anyone in the area who can help me put Ubuntu Touch onto my tablet, I would be eternally grateful.

--
 Alex Kraukle
 kraukle at operamail.com