[TynesideLUG] Copying data between two Ubuntu systems

Alan Page alpage2 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 06:07:16 UTC 2020

 Hi Ian
When I routinely copy my home directory to an external drive I use
rsync -avz {source} {destination}
for a first copy, then for a subsequent syncing of files:
rsync --del -avzu {source} {destination}
which only updates files that are new or have changed, and deletes files from destination that no longer exist in the source. I have used this method for a long time, and not knowingly had any problems.
Alan