[TynesideLUG] Copying data between two Ubuntu systems

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:09:47 UTC 2020

Hi Alex,

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 12:55, Alex Kavanagh <alex at ajkavanagh.co.uk> wrote:

> Reading:
>
> * http://toast.djw.org.uk/tarpipe.html
> * https://www.tecmint.com/transfer-files-between-two-linux-machines/
> *
> https://tutorials.technology/tutorials/How-to-transfer-files-over-the-network-using-Netcat.html
> *
> https://www.golinuxhub.com/2013/12/how-to-preserve-symbolic-links-with-tar/
>
> Have fun!

I am probably the least network oriented Linux person ever. I could use an
e-SATA port instead of a USB2 port. Would that help? Amazon have e-SATA
drive enclosures but don't seem to want to sell drives already in
enclosures. I've had issues with drive enclosures failing so am a bit wary
of them.

Fortunately, because of lockdown, I do have some time on my hands :)

I am approaching this project slowly so as to reduce as much disruption as
possible.

Thanks,

Ian

-- Free Software page -