[TynesideLUG] Video editors

Tim Bateson tim at monkeyx.net
Sat Nov 21 15:51:22 UTC 2020

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that. I probably need a new laptop at some point for doing 4k.

I will try and do some of the things I have learned in Kdenlive on Shotcut
and see how I get on. I think Shotcut might be slightly simpler to use and
have better performance. I had previously used proprietary Windows video
editors, but want to use all open source software on Linux this time around.

I am hoping to start a youtube channel about Trail Running.

Thanks,

Tim

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 15:10, Derek Frost <derek at derekfrost.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> No one has much experience video editing here. I think a saw Shotcut a few
> years ago when I did a free FutureLearn course on film making. I had my Ivy
> bridge (3rd gen) core i5 at the time with 8Gb ram running Windows 7 and it
> worked ok. If you're using 4k video you may be waiting around a lot.
>
> Derek
>
> On 20 November 2020 18:03:11 GMT+00:00, Tim Bateson <tim at monkeyx.net>
> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have been spending a bit of time learning Kdenlive. But I have an
> >oldish
> >laptop (Intel dual core i3 with 8mb Ram) and performance is not that
> >good.
> >
> >Anyone any experience of using Shotcut or similar?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Tim

Cell +44 7734309500

Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.