[TynesideLUG] Booting Bunsenlabs Linux on an Acer Chromebook 14

Alan Page alpage2 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 10:17:05 UTC 2021

Hi Ian
I am not sure how relevant, or how helpful this will be, but for what it is worth -
Assuming the Chromebook is 64bit? - I had no trouble installing the May release of Lubuntu on an out-of-support Apple iMac, which appeared to recognise my USB installer as a UEFI device - it installed without a hitch.Any other Linux installers that it did not see as a UEFI device, it would not respond to.
So assuming 64bit, you might like to try Lubuntu.
RegardsAlan

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 at 9:25, Will McElderry<will at mcelderry.com> wrote:   Hi Ian,

(and everyone - first post! I'd hoped to drop in to the meetup on the
weekend to say "hi", but life happened)

I've been playing with Secure Boot recently, it sounds like something
similar is giving you trouble.

Do you have any settings in the BIOS to disable it? (I'm not sure how
locked down a Chromebook is)

Can you provide any information about what you've done to get the system
running (e.g. a link to what you followed)?

Have you tried starting your bootloader from the UEFI shell, or is part
of your question 'How do I use the UEFI shell'?

Will.