[TynesideLUG] Your Computer is not a Fast PDP-11

Jeff Joshua Rollin jeff at jeffjoshua.club
Sat Feb 6 20:01:46 UTC 2021

Hi,

I mentioned during today's LUG having read a paper a few years ago which
complained that modern C is still coded (and indeed the language was
designed) to expose a virtual PDP-11 to the programmer. I didn't think I
would find it again but, having Googled, I think I have. (If it's not
the same one, it basically touches on the same points.)

It's available online at https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=3212479 (no
charge), and there is also a link to a PDF of the article on the same page.

Hope this is of interest to someone,

Jeff.