[TynesideLUG] Your Computer is not a Fast PDP-11

Casey casey at linuxmail.org
Sun Feb 7 13:27:33 UTC 2021

Thank you Jeff, I have heard that modern processors have to emulated a
PDP-11 to make C run quickly but I couldn't remember the source during
the LUG. I have since managed to remember and I will link to the youtube
video. It was very interesting but a bit above my programming skills to
fully understand. (I'm not sure why he paused with a hint of disparage
every time he had to make a call snprintf)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-IWMbJXoLM (you can skip to about 19:30
to get to the stuff on C)

Hopefully this is of interest :)

Casey x