[TynesideLUG] Home web server help.

john hall jhallnewc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:50:13 UTC 2024

Hi there all, a question, if you will, ad like to build a home sever
with Debian az the server and Apache for the website.

All the how-tos online have me abit lost now, aye understand Apache
gives me an index page to work with but still everything else, like a
domain name and network configuration am supposed to know, aye know sum
but not enough...

Aye can setup its SSH connection to the server and see it's use but sum
online apps like digital ocean and more, are front ends to help serve up
a website from your home server but @ a cost, still aye feel it defeats
the object ov hosting a website, on my own home server ?

Any help appreciated, still consider, aye know nothing but ad like to
know how to if possible and thanks again, John.