[watford] Visit

Matt Marsh matt at mattmarsh.net
Mon Apr 3 15:33:02 BST 2006

 > Jono Bacon and Ted Haegar are going to be touring the UK to make
 > presentations to LUGs that are interested (more info here:
 > http://www.jonobacon.org/).
 >
 > So, how many people are interested in meeting them and listening
 > to their presentations?
 >
 > Whether I'll sign us up depends on the group's interest...

I assume there wasn't enough interest :) Which isn't surprising
given the embryonic state of this LUG at the moment. I am mainly
posting because I was forwarded an email saying that [1]Greater
London LUG are hosting one of the talks, so if anyone was
interested enough you could attend the talk there. Here is the
info I was forwarded:

 > Tuesday 18th April.
 > ===================
 >
 > On Tuesday evening we will be meeting in the New Cavendish
 > Street campus of Westminister University at 1900.
 >
 > Our speakers for the evening will be Jono Bacon and Ted Haeger.
 >
 > Jono Bacon works for Open Advantage in the West Midlands, is a
 > journalist and a presenter on LUG Radio
 >
 > Ted Haeger works for Novell and is the presenter on the Novell
 > Open Audio Podcast.
 >
 > The talk will be on Linux Advocacy...
 >
 > "In this entertaining and humorous talk, Jono will share some
 > techniques and pointers about effectively advocating Open
 > Source. Riddled with anecdotes and stories, the presentation
 > provides a good grounding for those of you who want to help do
 > you bit to push Open Source and free software forward to more
 > people."
 >
 > Links:
 >
 > http://reverendted.blogspot.com/
 > http://www.jonobacon.org