[Watford] Network Printer

Walter walter at helvatron.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 21:46:13 BST 2006

Hi Matt et all,

Thanks for all your help with Debian.  I have had a working system for about
2 weeks now and its behaving itsself very well.  Managed to install lots of
things incl. sendmail & apache with a spot of perl-cgi scripting for email
form feedback through sendmail, so I am progressing, all be it slowly.

One thing I came unstuck on is installing a network printer.  Its an HP
3120n laser and as you know, in windows it's a piece of cake if you know the
IP of the printer but Linux defeats me.  I presume you need to setup a queue
and then get the printer listed in the hosts file etc.  I can ping the
printer but it simply does not get the jobs sent to it.

Can anyone put me on the right track?  Thanks in advance.

Regards, Walter