[Watford] Fellow LUG Members

Mark Stewart markwstewart at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:53:36 GMT 2006

Hi Everyone,

How is everyone in the LUG, hope all is well. As for me I have been busy,
working, revising and wedding planning. I did get round to installing
Gentoo, not used it in anger yet but see the advantages to linus newbees to
use. Really like the idea of people understanding what is going on from the
off. Wish it was around a few years ago. As for now, I plan to install
FreeBSD 6 and have a play around. I see that it comes free with Linux
magazine this month. (and they still havn't listed us yet! grrrr)

There is a meeting penciled in for the 28th I would like us all to attend,
in this meeting we will be thrashing out the structure of the LUG meetings
to be held at the library and a list of locations to stick the LUG posters.
Its a little while until June but the library seems like the ideal location,
unless anyone knows otherwise.

I will find out this week if the £500 sponsership has been procured from a
local company - heres hoping as this will pay for the library meetings for a
year. As some of you may have noticed I have changed the LUG banner on the
home page as not to incite Microsoft loving companies. (at least companies
that will give us cash)

Some questions to the LUG ...

Treasurer (Neel), hows that bank account set up coming along?

Secratary (Amee), is the 28th ok or do you want to set another day?

Please feel free to say hi, this list is very quiet at the moment.

Mark