[Watford] HP Visualise C3000 workstations

Steven Acreman sacreman at gmail.com
Thu May 4 08:00:45 BST 2006

Hey guys,

For the past couple of months I've been looking for a PA-RISC HP machine so
that I can do more work from home. After a spell of seeing nothing on Ebay
suddenly loads appeared in batches of 11 to 15. I snapped up a batch and
they all arrived yesterday.

The spec of the machines range between 600 and 400MHz and each has 256mb
ram. Not all have SCSI disks but I have some spare at work which might fit.
The aim of this is just to see if anyone might want one. I know Gentoo will
run on HPPA and probably Debian - or I might be able to sort you out with a
dodgy copy of HP-UX if anyone wants that instead.

Ideally I want to keep 3 of these machines. I'll test whatever is left and
give away working systems for free to members of this group. Otherwise
they'll end up back on Ebay or in my works skip.

If anyone is concerned about size.. they are about as tall as a full tower
case and slightly fatter than a normal pc.

Thanks,