[Watford] Apache2 Server on Suse 10.2

Steven Acreman sacreman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:25:39 BST 2007

Default locations of files change between distributions. On SuSe 10 the
config files are probably in /etc/apache2 and the log files will be in
/var/log/apache2.

It's possible that they have also broken the config out into separate files
and referenced them with includes (allows for a more modular setup).

Something I forgot to say last mail - take note of the DocumentRoot line as
this is the folder served by default.

Also, some default Apache installs allow for users to host their own content
from their home folders. So if you have a /home/walt as your home directory
you should be able to create a 'public_html' folder under this and reference
the content in there via http://localhost/~walt/