[Watford] Apache2 Server on Suse 10.2

walti walt at kebbell.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 17:52:25 BST 2007

Hi,

I hope someone knows the solution to this one.  I Installed the above and
want to configure it but I keep getting the following message in firefox
with the URL: http://localhost.

ACCESS FORBIDDEN!
You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either
no index document or the directory is read-protected.
ERROR 403

I am still a newbie and have no idea which directory and/or document is its
trying to access.  But I have set all the directories under apache2 to full
access rights and yet the message still comes up although I logon as root.
I have also installed the server as root.

I also checked the web but none of the soltions there work or I don't
understand the instructions.

Look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Walter Jaggli