[Watford] Future Meetings

Matt Marsh matt at mattmarsh.net
Thu Jan 11 23:02:11 GMT 2007

Steve,

On Thursday 11 January 2007 08:13, Steven Acreman wrote:
> Watford Social club (queens road) has a bar and a large quiet area
> with nice seats separated from the main area that can be hired out.
> It even has a stage! :)
>
> I believe the costs are £40 for an evening. This would be
> preferable to the library for me as then we could have a drink and
> maybe do the demos/presentations that have been suggested.
>
> The only problem I see is getting at least 8 core members each time
> to cover the costs.

This is certainly a possibility for future meetings, though yes the
increased cost is a bit of a problem when there haven't been enough
people attending to cover the cost of the library meeting room so
far... But hopefully we can start getting some more regular
attendance and then this is a possibility...

> If we get enough interest I'd be happy to arrange a meeting with
> the social club people. Maybe Matt / Mark could also attend to
> check out the facilities one evening?

I suggest that we continue with a plan for a meeting on the 6th March
at the Watford Central Library room that has been used up to now. We
can see what attendance is like at that meeting and we can have a
discussion about whether we want to persue the social club. If we
decide to persue it then I'll be happy to attend the social club with
you to assess suitability. Does that all sound reasonable?

Matt

--
Matt Marsh
Email: matt at mattmarsh.net          Jabber: mattmarsh at jabber.org
  Web: http://www.mattmarsh.net/      MSN: matt at mattmarsh.net
Phone: +44 7703 162030              Yahoo: marshmn