[Watford] Future Meetings

Steven Acreman sacreman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 08:13:24 GMT 2007

Watford Social club (queens road) has a bar and a large quiet area with nice
seats separated from the main area that can be hired out. It even has a
stage! :)

I believe the costs are £40 for an evening. This would be preferable to the
library for me as then we could have a drink and maybe do the
demos/presentations that have been suggested.

The only problem I see is getting at least 8 core members each time to cover
the costs. There are a few other advantages to this venue :

No minimum age
Removes temptation to regroup at the pub after chatting for half an hour
Large tables that we can get lots of people around
They are quite happy for people to eat takeaways
Very cheap drinks if you become a social club member (£10 membership for the
year, then £2 a pint)
The social club is very lenient on time - if we wanted to go on a bender
until 2am they'd be fine with it

If we get enough interest I'd be happy to arrange a meeting with the social
club people. Maybe Matt / Mark could also attend to check out the facilities
one evening?