[Watford] march?

Neel Upadhyaya bahulneel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 09:49:49 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,

Sorry I've been a bit quite but been v busy recently.  I will try to attend
as many meetings as possible but if we move to Wednesdays it will be a bit
hit and miss (although I should be able to work my schedule around it).  I
can probably commit £5 a month even if I'm not able to attend to keep the
numbers up.  I'm also quite happy to do a demo install of MythTV, LTSP or
LVS at some point (maybe a bit later when things calm down).

--Neel

On 12/01/07, Mark Stewart <markwstewart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'll try and go to as many meetings as possible.(wherever they are)  The
> library as far as I know isn't available until March. Like the idea of an
> all night session at the club ...
>
> Think someone here is an accountant, that person would make a good
> treasurer (u know who u are :D). If they open a bank account I have the
> phone number of a possible sponser! (they said yes the last time I asked for
> £500)
>
> Also, think some posters need to be put up around Watford to get more
> members.
>
> Mark
>

> On 12/01/07, Steven Acreman <sacreman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone up for a Saturday meeting before March? My girlfriend works
> > most Saturdays so my house is free (I live just off of StAlbans road in
> > Watford which is close to the town centre). It's only a 2up-2down terrace
> > but it should fit 5 or 6 people fairly comfortably.
> >
> > Just a suggestion until the core membership increases..
> >

> >  On 11/01/07, Matt Marsh < matt at mattmarsh.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Jon,

> > > I think originally Mark said that there were some closures at Watford
> > > Central Library (where meetings have been held up until now) which
> > > prevent us from having a meeting there until March.
> > >
> > > To be clear, it's less than 2 months away in reality - the meetings
> > > have previously taken place on the first Tuesday of the month so in
> > > this case that would be 6th March.
> > >
> > > Steve made the suggestion today of looking into meeting at the Watford
> > >
> > > Social Club which we could perhaps be arranged for February if there
> > > is really enough interest. The added cost of that venue given the so
> > > far lowish turnout is a little of a concern though.
> > >
> > > If enough people show interest then I will look into the Social Club
> > > for a February meet, though I suspect that it will make more sense to
> > > wait until the library room is available 6th March and have a well
> > > organised meeting there. We can see what the turnout to that is and
> > > discuss at that meeting whether we want to investigate the Social
> > > Club for future meetings.
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > --
> > > Matt Marsh
> > > Email: matt at mattmarsh.net          Jabber: mattmarsh at jabber.org
> > > Web: http://www.mattmarsh.net/      MSN: matt at mattmarsh.net
> > > Phone: +44 7703 162030              Yahoo: marshmn

MCSE is to computers as McDonalds Certified Chef is to fine cuisine.