[Watford] march?

Neel Upadhyaya bahulneel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:57:36 GMT 2007

> Someone offered a mythTV demo?  That sounds fascinating since all I have
> ever read about that is that it's nearly impossibly difficult!

This is a common myth (pun not intended) for that last few version I have
not had any issue (but maybe I've been lucky).
April may be a bit tricky for me but May or June would be better.

Given the nature of the hardest part of mythTV is installation maybe it
would be a good opportunity for our first install fest.
That way we can deal with different configurations and answer questions and
solve problems as we get to them.

This would be especially useful if anyone has an abandoned PVR project.

Thoughts?

On 15/01/07, Jonathan Dibble <recruitment at jdibble.com> wrote:

> Steve,
> I think your offer is a good one and I'm up for it, some weekends I am
> away etc, but if you have any suggestions let's try and fix a date when
> we can all descend on your property?
>
> Someone offered a mythTV demo?  That sounds fascinating since all I have
> ever read about that is that it's nearly impossibly difficult!
>
> As far as advertising is concerned, I think anyone already interested in
> Linux would be able to find us, I believe we need to encourage more
> interest in Linux in general which in turn would lead to more interest
> in the group.
>
> Cheers,
> JOn.
>
> On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 14:15 +0000, Matt Marsh wrote:
> > On Friday 12 January 2007 22:50, Mark Stewart wrote:
> > > Also, think some posters need to be put up around Watford to get
> > > more members.
> >
> > I've been thinking about ways to promote the LUG locally to try and
> > reach more Linux users in the area. Rather than random posters around
> > town, I think some targeted advertisement would be more likely to
> > reach local Linux users. In particular, some ideas that I intend to
> > follow up on over the coming weeks:
> >
> >   - Produce some small flyers advertising the LUG which I will then
> >     slip into all the Linux magazines at the local WHSmith etc.
> >
> >   - I'll make copies of the flyer available so that if anyone works
> >     for a local company where there are plenty of tech people - then
> >     perhaps you could put one up on your notice board?
> >
> >   - Prior to the next meeting I will ask lugmaster's from nearby LUGs
> >     if it would be ok to post an ad up on their mailing list.
> >
> > Prior to all of the above though I will sort out the website a bit so
> > that it's more current.
> >
> > Watch this space...
> >
> > Matt

MCSE is to computers as McDonalds Certified Chef is to fine cuisine.