[Watford] march?

Jonathan Dibble recruitment at jdibble.com
Wed Jan 17 00:12:45 GMT 2007

Guys,
Can any one help me out with this silly problem?

I have a spare box set up for learning ruby on rails, and i want to view
pages on it from the internet (eg work). however my router simply WILL
NOT behave as though it is visible ofn the internet.   i cannot ping it
or anything. in the past i had ftp and mysql going through it from the
itnernet onto my little network to a particular box, but now it just
won't play ball.  i checked and double checked i have the right ip and
i'm sure i have it correctly. any ideas?  i enabled port forwarding for
3000 which is what ruby on rails and webrick uses for development. but
ithink its nothing to do with the box becuase there is no record in the
router log of any connections being attemped????

does anyone have any suggestions?  is it possible the isp blocked it
somehow?

cheers,
jon