[Watford] march?

Steven Acreman sacreman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:20:40 GMT 2007

I'd start from inside your network. Disable the service that runs on port
3000 temporarily and start netcat in listen mode on that port. Then from
another pc on your lan telnet to the port and type some stuff.

Then check your router. Make sure external port 3000 is port forwarded to
the internal server on the same port. Determine your external IP address
(sites like http://www.whatismyip.net will tell you that - or just look on
your router).

>From a PC outside of your network try the same telnet test again on port
3000 with netcat listening.

If all else fails you can try reseting the router or changing the port to
something more well known.