[Watford] Watford LUG, meeting on 1st May

Cliff Deamer cliff.g3ndc at btinternet.com
Wed May 2 19:27:01 BST 2007

For some reason I am having difficulty sending this, it has fail twice.

Thanks to all who came to the meeting last night, a good attendance and
a wide range of skills/experience around the table.
I was particularly pleased to meet Mark and Maria and would like to
thank them for the work they did in initiating the group approx 12
months ago.
Organisation was discussed; Steve continues as Treasurer, Neel takes on
the role of Chairman and Cliff (that's me) is now the Secretary.
The possibility of moving the meeting to the Sun Sports club was
discussed and it was agreed that we should hold the next meeting at that
location. I will liaise with Alain and the club manager to assess the
facilities and make the booking.
The advantages of this arrangement are that the room should be free and
there is a bar. Since we are expected to buy drinks this may not be
cheaper than the library, we will give it a try.
I will follow up with details of the venue, how to get there and other
details after I have visited the club.
Please e-mail me with any comments, suggestions for improvement etc.
For those who didn't make it to the meeting; we really would like you to
come along to our next meeting, bring you problems for a round table
discussion with the team.
Hope to see you all on June 3rd.
Cliff

PS meanwhile I have had some useful input from Mat.