[Watford] Suse 10.3 hangs for 2 minutes at start of boot sequence.

walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 10:07:59 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Further to my previous email,  I now have an error message:

	Comreset failed (errorno 960 or 976)

This is what takes ages, like 2 - 3 minutes, before the system starts

Many thanks,Walter

---

Hi,

I tried to upgrade Suse 10.2 to 10.3 but that failed so I did a clean, fresh
install with a freshly partitioned harddisk.  Suse displays the boot options
screen and then switches to the normal splash screen where you should be
able to press esc to get to text screen showing you what its doing.

And this is the problem,  its sits there for 2 minutes or more and the
keyboard won't respond.  Then it finally starts the boot process at which
point I can press esc to see the progress. Once it starts it behaves
normally but I have to eliminate the long delay before it boots.

Any ideas?  I have already removed all peripherals especially usb devices
but to no avail.

Walter