[Watford] MySQL - Help

Walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 17:01:18 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have mucked up my MySQL server.  I removed (by mistake) the root user for
admin purposes using MySQL WebAdmin and I cannot now access any of my
databases now. All I get is 'access denied'.

So I really do need some guidance.  If I have learned anything in Linux then
its that there is always a file somewhere that can be edited to rectify a
problem such as this. I have checked the MySQL website but its too technical
for me. I have tried the MySQL command line tool but there is no command (as
far as I can tell) to setup new privileges with user and password.

Hope someone out there can point me in the right direction. Many thanks!

Walter

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
08:35