[Watford] MySQL - Help

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 20:04:52 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 05:39:04PM -0000, Walt wrote:
> Thanks Alain,  but I don’t have a backup.  I'm not that far advanced yet
> that I know how or what to backup in linux except documents I create and
> know where they are stored.
>
> So is there any other way to rectify this?

Hmmm, normally one would start the server with:

	mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &

and connect:

	mysql -uroot

however, I suspect that that will not work.

Prob the best thing is to provide you with a new mysql table.
These tables are not machine type specific, so please tell us what version
of mysql you are running and we can mail you a new one (move the
old one sideways first). Alternatively you will be able to get them
from the package management system for your distribution.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/