[Watford] Second Hard Disk

walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 08:12:32 GMT 2008

I have had this problem before where I could not install windows on a
laptop.  What I ended up doing is take the hard disk out of the laptop,
using another pc create a small active partition and transfer the cd image
onto it which booted and then installed the os on an extended partition. Its
fraught with potential snags but it worked fine after changing the boot.ini
etc.  As I say that was with windows but I wonder if a similar process could
be used with Linux?

Walter