[Watford] Server power out

Toby Deans plumocelot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:19:12 UTC 2009

I an just glad it was just a power problem - i checked the logs and
there was nothing bad - maybe it just didn't shut down gracefully when
the power went? Neels account was not persistent so I re-added him. No
other damage.

I did look at set up a simple script for the slug to email me on a
gmail account but could not quite get it to work - may have another
shot.

I was experimenting with using one of my home SLUGS as a CUPS server
the other day.. interesting as it just about worked but 32Mb of memory
is not ideal unless you use RAW printing.

I was also messing about with SANE (network scanner access) on another
project box and finally got that going with some Xinetd fiddling.

Do any of you know some good CSS/web development apps for Linux that I
can teach myself some CSS on? I'm trying Komposer/Screem etc but not
getting too far.

See you all at the next meeting.

plum